Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tiger Trap plays a house show


This is a video of my favorite twee band, Tiger Trap, playing a show in what appears to be someone's living room. It’s a real document of the time (early 90s) – the band’s dress, how they move, their energy. I love the song, of course, but it’s the esthetics that are captivating. It’s like a fond memory of something that never happened to me.

It takes me back to now-defunct basement venues in Lansing that few remember the names of. The claustrophobia of the stage reminds me of what it’s like to be packed tight in a space that wasn’t meant to accommodate so many; tripping over furniture, wondering if the owners will later be pissed about the beer some guy just spilled on their carpet. Heartwarming.

2 comments:

  1. times were so much simpler then. this video just made me very happy.

    .brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. sometimes i wish i had been born a little earlier to get a better whiff of the 90s.

    ReplyDelete